Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Felted Flowers Knitting Bag

I've been wanting to make myself a new knitting bag for quite awhile.  I was wandering around inside ETSY one day and discovered a crocheted and felted bag that knocked me off my feet. I ordered the downloadable (pdf) pattern and started to crochet flowers.  They're really odd looking in their natural state.  Here you can see leaves on the left and roses on the right.
It takes a little bit of felting to get them to look and act like leaves and flowers though.  Hot water, soap and elbow grease always do the trick.  Here you can see them unfelted and felted as well.
        It was great watching the transformation.


From there it was time to figure out the design layout I wanted. 
I fiddled with the flowers and leaves until I was happy with the design and stitched them into place.

I must say I'm really happy with the result!  Can't wait to show it off!   What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Carol... this Bag is so fun I love it ! thanks for shareing it..peace and love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is beautiful and can't elieve how it changed from one thing to another, like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon....bet you will get lots of compliments when you use it xxx

    ReplyDelete